13 Oct Integrated Learning and its BenefitsReading Time: 8 minutes
Intellectual and practical skills are foundational to the growth of a student. A modern-day method that can be applied is integrated learning. Integrated learning means combining what students learn in the classroom, with the solution of real-world problems.
Doaba Public School Parowal, the best CBSE school Parowal, brings to you the definition, characteristics, and benefits of integrated learning:
Definition of Integrated Learning
An integrated approach to learning is designed to focus on learning within the curriculum. It focuses on making connections among concepts and experiences so that information and skills can be applied to novel and complex issues or challenges. The integrated curriculum is about making significant connections between subjects or skills that are usually addressing several different subject areas. Integrating the curriculum can also improve learning experiences.
Characteristics of Integrated Learning
• It primarily focuses on problem-solving.
• It is a compilation of assessment, curriculum development, and faculty development.
• Integrated learning explores and uses information effectively.
• It enables children to integrate ideas and experiences and apply them to formulate new learning situations.
• Creativity, adaptability, critical reasoning, and collaboration are the key features of integrated learning.
• The method of learning accommodates a variety of learning styles, theories, and multiple intelligences.
Benefits of Integrated Learning
• Integrated learning pays particular attention to an increase in understanding, retention, and application of general concepts.
• It provides a better understanding of the content.
• Integrated learning encourages active participation in relevant real-life experiences.
• It serves as a connection between various curricular disciplines.
• It develops higher-level thinking skills.
• Ensures active participation by triggering the point of interest of students.
At Doaba Public School Parowal, frequently listed among the best school in Garhshankar strongly advocate to integrate this method of learning in our curriculum.